Mission Trip (spring break)
You are about to embark on one of the most exciting journeys of your life – a mission trip. When taking a trip, it’s easy to focus on what to pack and even who you are going to serve. But it’s just as important to prepare for the emotional, spiritual, and team aspects of the trip.
Going on a mission trip is extraordinary! You have decided to give up your time, do hard things, make sacrifices, and serve others. You have decided to step outside of your comfort zone. Here’s what you need to know: God will honor your commitment by working in you and through you on the trip.
On your trip you can expect difficulty and obstacles, but you can also expect blessings. God is looking for people just like you who are willing to give of themselves for His Kingdom.
Nicaragua: Basic Facts
• Capital City: Managua (Metro Area Population: 1.7 million)
• Location and Borders: Central America, bordering both the Caribbean Sea and the North Pacific Ocean, between Costa Rica and Honduras
• Administrative Divisions: 15 departments (departamentos, singular - departamento); Boaco, Carazo, Chinandega, Chontales, Esteli, Granada, Jinotega, Leon, Madriz, Managua, Masaya, Matagalpa, Nueva Segovia, Rio San Juan, Rivas; 2 autonomous regions (regiones autonomistas, singular - region autonoma); Atlantico Norte, Atlantico Sur
• Area: Total: 129,494 sq km
Land: 120,254 sq km
Water: 9,240 sq km
• Climate: tropical in lowlands, cooler in highlands
• Population: 5,675,000
• Demographic Growth Rate: 1.86%
• Industries: beverages, food processing, machinery and metal products, textiles, clothing, chemicals, petroleum refining and distribution, footwear, wood
• Languages: Spanish 97.5% (official), Miskito 1.7%, other 0.8%
• Government System: republic
We have 2 release forms that must be filled uot before you attend CFAW. One for Liberty and one for Riverside. Please click below for these forms.
Below is list of things you will need to bring with you for College For A Weekend. Don't forget it could be colder than we are use too!
To be announced!